Saturday, September 29, 2007

For the record

About halfway through Friday night cocktail hour(s), I realized that I had inadvertently made my first two vodka-and-gingers with gin. I didn't know that Big Daddy had foregone his usual Hendrick's in the distinctively squat, dark bottle in favor of a cheaper brand in a tall, clear, vodka-like bottle.

About halfway through Saturday, I realized that, apparently, gin makes me act like an asshole. Who knew? And even though my official stance is still that I was not drunk, I'm pretty sure that the gin devil sent me into "people are stupid and I hate most of them" mode. This is unfortunate because, although I do feel that way, I also don't, if you know what I mean. And I'm sure you do know because, while you are people, you are most assuredly not stupid. And that's just what I mean.

7 comments:

Rita said...

LMAO. Oh how I wish my idiotic nervous giggle and I had been there.

Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry I missed that! I'll never leave early again.

Shannon said...

oh, the old morning after what-exactly-did-I-say thought. yep, saturday morning brought those to me too.

Stacey Greenberg said...

gin has a weird effect on people. vodka is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

:)

Memphisotan said...

Good thing we didn't fully switch drinks, because vodka makes me one moody mama. Could have had our first cocktail hour girlfight.

Stacey Greenberg said...

when did our resident teetotaler get to the point that she has certain drinks and knows how each one affects her mood?

Memphisotan said...

You people are a terrible, terrible influence.