Friday, April 03, 2009

Long Slide into Summer

There are years when spring break makes me feel rejuvenated and recharged enough to finish out the school year, and then there are years when it just makes me ready for summer. This year it did the latter. All I want to do is sit under the massive wisteria-dripping pergola and read The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, drinking sweet tea with mint from the courtyard herb garden and tanning my legs while the kids run around in the yard. Isn't it summer yet?

This doesn't bode well for the 100 Othello analysis papers I need to grade, or the classwork for the six weeks that ends Wednesday. Senioritis happens to teachers too.

4 comments:

Memphisotan said...

What's summer break?

Stephanie said...

Oh SAM, that joke never gets old!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mel Spillman artwork said...

I am right there with you. My middle school students are buzzing with spring fever (and drama... with a capital D).

Can we start counting the days yet, or is it too soon?