Tuesday, January 05, 2010

C is for Awesome

You made me believe that everything in my life had happened so that you could get here, and I was totally cool with that.



You gave me all my hardest work first, while I still had the energy for it, and then spoiled me with your ability to self direct.




You get sarcasm and know how to wield it, but you also know how to be kind. Or just plain silly.



Every time you ask if anyone wants the last roll/cookie/whatever before taking it for yourself, my heart swells with pride. You are the great and much-adored big brother.



And you always ask for mama's meatloaf for your birthday dinner. Happy birthday Calvin. You are my first and always baby.

5 comments:

Bruce VanWyngarden said...

Your writing is stellar.

Melissa said...

You may make snazzy snowflakes and cozy knit caps, but your greatest craft is the one you weave with words. Such a sweet sentiment you have written for Calvin. Happy birthday to that great kid! :)

Stephanie said...

Hope C had a great birthday! He's a wonderful kid.

Chip said...

Hope C had a great birthday!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

What a beautiful gift you have given your child in this celebration of his life!