Monday, February 04, 2008

List of things I've had to learn the hard way in life

1. No matter how high I can get the swing going before I jump out, I will not be able to fly.
2. When the childhood belief in magic becomes the informed quest for information, the magic disappears.
3. "We must, we must, we must increase our bust" does not work.
4. Gaining forty pounds as an adult and having four children does, but somehow the victory is bitter-sweet.
5. Cantankerous hippie feminist though I may be, I love me some epidural.
6. I should never drink gin.
7. Red wine is like razorblades coming back up, and it still stains.
8. I can't be trusted to toast garlic bread under the broiler without burning it beyond all remedy.
9. I will probably never enjoy a British novel written before the 1990s.
10. The road to Hell really is paved with good intentions.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My your bust is yar.

Unknown said...

1. Charles Dickens
2. W. Somerset Maugham
3. Rudyard Kipling

Unknown said...

4. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Sassy Molassy said...

I didn't say there were no good British novels written before the 1990s, I just do not happen to enjoy them.